As teachers, we know how much students can lose over the summer months. Here's a handout that you can send home before students leave for vacation with ideas for how to keep those kiddos reading! Just hop on over to the Preventing the Summer Slide blog post to download this freebie.
Did you know there are 6 different kinds of syllables?Teaching about syllables is important to help readers become fluent readers. Studies show that fluent readers have strong comprehension. Come on over to Elementary Matters and find how to teach students about syllables. There are a couple of great links and a freebie for you!
The bead slide is a great tool for teaching the skill of phoneme segmentation. Students simply slide a bead for each sound in a word provided by the teacher. Be sure to stop by the Bead Slide: A Tool for Teaching Phoneme Segmentation blog post for step-by-step directions on how to make and use a bead slide during small group intervention. It's sometimes difficult to think of 2-, 3- and 4- phoneme words off the top my head so I made this little cheat sheet. You can also download the free cheat sheet too!
Welcome to Manic Monday at Classroom Freebies! Yay!
Here are the rules so please play along the right way:
1. Each Monday I will have a post with a linky at the bottom for you to link your best freebie for all the world to see! It will be open for 1 day only each week.
2. Your freebie MUST be located in a blog post (no store link ups) and must be something that is free now and FOREVER with no strings attached (you may not ask people to follow you, like you, or anything else in order to grab the freebie). Giveaway contests may NOT be posted.
3. You will need to place the button code below right in your blog post. Edit and then simply paste the button HTML code into the top or bottom of your post.
4. Come on back to the Monday post and link up with the specific blog post that has the button listed on it.
5. If you have already posted a freebie on a Manic Monday linky, please choose a different freebie (preferably a new post). Thanks!
5. Please leave a comment at the blog posts of the 2 people who have linked up directly above you so that we share the Classroom Freebie love, meet some new friends in the process, and grab some fantastic freebies!
Thanks so much for playing by the rules and supporting one another in true CF spirit! Your post will be seen by thousands of CF readers via email subscriptions and RSS readers, Facebook and Twitter fans, and Pinterest followers. Make it good! I can't wait to see all the amazing freebies out there!