- Students TRACE parts of the sentences with a highlighter and then WRITE them adding end punctuation to both.
- They CUT and GLUE the correct picture to their booklet matching what they see, hear, taste, smell and touch during the month of February.
- This is a nice science review of the senses. The book also takes you through the various things a child might study/celebrate during that month:
- Groundhog Day, 100 Day, Valentine’s Day, Presidents’ Day, and Dental Hygiene Month so it’s a nice review of the season/calendar as well.
- There’s a “think about it…” sentence below the “cut & paste”
section that has the child trace these words and then complete the
sentence with something else they hear, see, taste etc.
- which offers a nice writing extension. Finally, on the last page, students decide which is their favorite sense. Teachers have an opportunity to involve math as they graph their students’ opinions.
- Once everyone has completed their booklet read it as an entire group to practice and explain concepts of print!