Students will enjoy hopping to it as they look for 12 frog sentence
cards that are missing a capital letter and end punctuation.
- Laminate your cards.
- Decide which 10 sentence cards you want to use for the frogs out of
the pond hunt and number them with a dry erase marker. If you use a
permanent marker, a Mr. Clean Eraser will wipe off the numbers.
- Put a magnet on the back of each card unless you are going to use a pocket chart.
- Sprinkle the cards around the room. Students find them and put them
on the white board or in your pocket chart in 1-10 order, so that they
can rewrite the sentences on their recording sheet, putting in a
beginning capital letter, and the appropriate punctuation.
- Before students take their seats and work on their own papers, read
the cards as a whole group, adding inflection so that students can
determine where an exclamation mark goes,
- Have students gather in front of the board and have them take turns
filling in the correct answers with a red dry erase marker.
- Later, you can use different sentences and use the recording sheets as an assessment.
- This packet also includes a certificate of praise.