Since the Silly Shaped Penguins were so popular in January, I thought I’d whip together a packet of Shapely Owl KnOWLedge too.
The packet includes:
- Owl shape “craftivity”. Make these silly shaped owls and laminate. Use them as anchor charts, a shape bulletin board, oral assessment, or manipulatives for students to hold up during a shape story. Students could also make one or several at a math center, perhaps choosing their favorite shaped owl(s).
- Easy reader “Shape KnOWLedge.” Students trace and write the shape word, and then fill in the shapes to look like owls, trace the shape and then draw that shape.
- Graphing extension
- Matching the shape word to a shape worksheet.
- Identifying attributes worksheet.
- Spatial direction worksheet.
- Shape word and shape picture cards to make Itty Bitty booklets and play games with.
- A certificate of praise.