This 41-page packet is a fun way to teach, review, and assess 2D shapes.
- The packet includes 12 large 8×10 posters of each of the above shapes. Since most of us use pattern blocks, I decided to include those. The heart and star shape are also included per requests from preschool teachers who also teach those shapes.
- A large 8×10 shapes title poster.
- 2 posters featuring all of the shapes on one page
- 2 Boy & 2 Girl Face Mats for students to play the “Shapely Mouth” game. One set has lines at the top. Laminate these if you want students to use dry erase markers and write the shape word down. The other set you trim off the directions. Each child gets their own “game board” head.
- 12 mouth-shape pieces to use as manipulatives. Choose a shape word card, show it to students and read it together. Children find that piece and place it in the mouth position on their head mat.
- 12 word cards with no shapes. Use these if you are assessing word to shape. This is a quick, easy and fun way to whole group assess. You can see at a glance who is having difficulty.
- 12 word cards with shapes on them. Use these with little ones who are just learning the shapes and their shape word.
12 mini shapely mouth cards to use for Memory Match and “I Have; Who Has?” games.
2 trace and write shape booklets, with 2 different covers. Students trace & write the shape words, and then trace, draw and color the shapes. (They draw that shape in the empty mouth space.)
- A certificate of praise. (There are two on a page for easy printing.) Write your students’ names in the blank space.