This emergent reader is packed with Common Core practice (Common Core State Standards: RF.K1a, RF.K1c, RF.K3c, L.K2a, L.K2b) and will help your students identify winter-clothing words and the
order clothes should be put on to get ready to go outside.
correct the sentences by adding end punctuation and a capital letter
to the beginning word. They trace and then write the ordinal number, as
well as the article of clothing that is put on.
pictures as clues to read the sentences, as they cut and glue other
pictures to the matching numbered boxes.
This packet is great for your Daily 5 word work activities. When students have completed their booklet, read as a whole group to reinforce concepts of print.
The packet also includes:
- 58 traceable word cards + covers to make Itty Bitty Booklets. (30 of them are from the Dolch word lists.)
- 8 matching picture cards (Great for playing Memory Match or “I Have; Who Has?” games.)
- A graphing extension
- + 4 skill sheets which include: Match the word from the story to the picture.
- An alphabetizing worksheet
- A compound word worksheet. (Trace and write15 new words that begin with snow.) and
- A contraction worksheet +
- A certificate of praise when students can read the booklet independently.