Reading and writing the room is an interesting and fun way for students to practice a variety of standards. You can start a read and write the room journal anytime during the year. I have used them for my kinders, 1st and 2nd graders. No matter what the grade, they seemed to really enjoy this activity, which fits in well with Daily 5.
The packet includes:
- 4 options for journal worksheets
- A set of alphabet read the room worksheets
- 3 cover options for the journal notebook
- A roam the room ABCDe-tective worksheet
- A set of “read the room” alphabet cards
- A tip list of things you can do with the cards, plus
- Kaboom cards to play an alphabet game.
These journals are a great way to show parents how their child is progressing when you have parent-teacher conferences, and make a nice keepsake at the end of the year.