The Drug Detective is an activity that can be used in a variety of ways:
- Substitute Activity: where students write the correct answer and then document where they got their correct answer, (Notes, textbook, cell phone — if your school allows students to use their electrical device in the classroom.)
- Pre-assessment — for a drug unit (which can include — alcohol, tobacco, smokeless tobacco, crystal meth, ecstasy and marijuana) This will assess what students know and give the students an idea what will be covered in class
- Test review — as individual review or team competition review.
- Test — where students have the option of taking the test as an individual or with a partner of their choice. Partner tests are harder than students anticipate for several reasons
- Students are only allowed to whisper — If I hear them, I deduct 5 points.
- Partners can disagree on the correct answer. They will have to quickly and quietly persuade their partner. I’ve had students stop their partner test and ask for an individual test because they could not come to agreement.
- If both students know the material, it still takes them time to complete.
Smokeless Tobacco THC