Veterans Day freebie offers are a great way for teachers to share with their students how important this day is to our history.
Whether you are bringing attention to Veterans Day or Remembrance Day, working with the little or bigger kids, there is something on this list below for everyone.
Each link below includes a free offering. No valid military ID or discount code needed for these deals!
Subject Level Veterans Day Lesson Ideas
- FREE Veterans Day Resources: This 21-page resource packet has everything for Kindergartners to High School students. Stop by and grab it for yourself!
- Thank a Veteran!: This wonderful writing paper can be used to pen a letter to a local vet, write a poem about their sacrifices, and/or take down the notes from a one-on-one interview. So many uses – and it is already cute enough to hang on a classroom display for all to see.
- FREE Veterans Day Interactive Notebook Activity for Addition & Subtraction: LOVE that the author of this particular freebie option is a proud US Navy wife. Thanks so much Fern to you and your family!
- Veterans Day Activities for K-2: And another proud wife here too! Sally’s husband is a 30+ year US Army veteran! Wow! And she is still sharing love with you – by creating a freebie to acknowledge the significance of this important day.
- Veterans’ Day Making Words: Need a great center activity in the week leading up to Veterans Day? Or perhaps use it as a brain break as a fun way to break up your day!
- Veteran’s Day Mystery Picture Graphing Activity: Don’t worry math teachers – we have you covered as well! Finding coordinates and practicing graphing skills has never felt so patriotic.
Games and Other Learning Resources Related to Veterans
- What Do You Know About Veterans’ Day?: This free document is a wonderful way to introduce students to the observed holiday. It includes 5 multiple choice questions to gather some basic background knowledge, an answer key for the correct answers, and an additional handout with ideas for observing Veterans Day.
- Remembrance Day/Veterans Day Attendance Activity: This is a nice way to address the beginning of the day and pique interest: as the students arrive this slide will be shown on the interactive whiteboard. Then, as they check in for the day, they touch their name and it disappears.
- Free Military Themed Bookmarks: This set of bookmarks includes 2 color printed and 2 black and white to allow students to color in themselves. Might be a great morning work activity to begin – and then introduce students to several military-inspired educational books to choose from for the week (and they can use their own bookmark of course).
- Patriotic Battleship: Nice literacy activity for students in grades 3-5. A game that most students are familiar with, this is a paper version that will practice patriotic words such as freedom, military, army, hero, flag, troops, and defend.
- November Vocabulary Game: This game would be wonderful for speech and language pathologists, in addition to classroom teachers. It includes many background words you hear in November, such as “Mayflower” or “veteran” which allows children to learn the vocabulary as a starting point for learning the events surrounding the words.
- Thank you Veterans!: This post includes 2 freebies for your Veterans Day needs: the first is a writing activity, while the second is a packet of patriotic brain breaks. Love them both!
How will you be honoring veterans far and away in your local community? We would love to hear even more suggestions below!
Classroom Freebies Curator