Download your free Spring Reading Activities.
Spring is one of my very favorite times of the year! I love planning springtime lessons. There is just so much to share with students in the Spring.
Spring Book Report Format
Check out the Spring book report above – Going BUGGY About the BOOK! This free Spring book report focuses on story elements including:
- story problem
- favorite part of the book
Questioning the Text
Also included in the reading freebie is a set of Spring reading foldable for your interactive reading notebooks. The following foldables are included, My:
These Spring interactive are perfect for assessing your students reading comprehension. Try putting your students in groups to complete this spring activity.
Spring Journal Prompts:
Check out the Spring Fun Story Starters that are included in this download. The following Spring journal prompts can be printed out for students:
- What is your favorite Spring memory?
- If you had the opportunity to plant a garden of anything, what would it be?
- Describe your favorite Spring holiday.
- Pretend you are a bird for the day. What would you do?
- Why do you think green is such an important Spring color?
- Describe the perfect trip to the park.
- Explain what people mean when they say, “It’s raining cats and dogs”.
Thinking About the Environment this Spring
I love incorporating “What would you do?” writing into student lessons. They really enjoy answering these kind of questions. The Spring printable above focuses on the environment and planting trees.
Students will answer the question: “Would you rather actually plant trees to help the environment, or donate money? Why?” There is also a place for students to illustrate their writing and draw a Spring picture in the box on the handout.
All the best!
Jen Bradshaw @ TeacherKarma.com