- Sorting objects by color
- Reading color words
- Counting and naming a quantity
- Number writing
Jelly Bean Addition Directions:
- Print the Jelly Bean Addition activity. Instantly download it HERE. Prepare the jelly beans. You can use either real jelly beans (just be sure the bag contains purple, green, yellow and pink jelly beans) or print the provided jelly bean cards. If you are using real jelly beans, give each child completing the activity an appropriate number of jelly beans. I would say no more than 10 of each color.You could even give them zero of one color to practice addition with a zero.
- Students will sort the jelly beans or cards by color.
- Students will color the jelly beans on the printable page by reading the color above them.
- Students will write the corresponding number next to each jelly bean and to create the addition problem. This is a great time to focus on numeral writing.
- Students will solve the addition problem!
Leave a Reply