Virtual Student birthdays, who thought that would be a thing?!
But let’s do them right! Celebrating student birthdays online or remotely can be awesome!
You definitely do not want to forget a virtual classroom birthday and can make just of big of a deal as if it were in person!
How to have virtual student birthday celebrations?
Distance learning birthday ideas most likely will be a Zoom birthday (or another platform)
This Birthday Celebration Pop is ONE idea (Grab your FREE copy!)
I love this virtual student birthday idea because it incorporates the whole class. Share the Slides and fill in template.
Students choose a prompt and fill in their answer (except for the birthday student)
If you have more students they can fill out same prompt and just add their name as well.
BONUS- print and mail to the student as a momento or just use in person as well!
If you love this template you MUST check out this version – that works the same for Back to School or getting to know a group of students any time of year!
What are some ways to celebrate student birthday virtually?
Some virtual classroom birthday ideas could be:
- come up with a fun birthday song or greeting for your class!
- Send eCards or positive notes to the virtual student birthday
- Another great virtual birthday idea is to send cake and eat together!
- Do a Fun GoNoodle Brain Break Birthday Dance
- Schedule a lunch date or mini break with the student for a virtual birthday celebration they won’t forget
- Mail the student card or small item (crown, sash, confetti) for them to open on your meeting only on their BIRTHDAY – what a fun way to celebrate student birthdays virtually.
- SING to the Birthday student virtually on your classroom meeting.
- Do a drive by of the birthday students (plan ahead!)
- Send or record videos to make a collage for a distance learning student birthday celebration
- Have the principal or special guest drop in for the virtual student birthday celebration – how memorable would that be?!
Student birthdays during distance learning don’t have to be boring with just a teensy bit of planning your virtual (and in-person) student birthday celebrations can be super memorable!
This post originally appeared on SSSTeaching.