Egg hunt for staff….novel concept. I’m here to tell you just how easy this can be for you to make happen. an Easter Egg Hunt for Teachers is a perfect way to celebrate those educators you hold so dear and make such an impact on the lives of students EVERY. SINGLE. DAY!
VIRTUAL STAFF easter egg hunt?!
If you can’t be in person – try this as a Google Doc with rewards on the pages you click from the “front” of the Easter eggs!
This is great to play on a staff Zoom or for your own class as well!
No staff egg hunt could be done solo. This is perfect to SHARE with:
- PTO/PTA groups
- Sunshine Committee
- Morale Committee
- Administration – principals, directors of curriculum
I really worked on this on my own but got approval from admin at my school! This was such an EASY idea to put together and customizable for ANY school/building/district!
What are the best NO COST prizes for a Staff Egg Hunt?
So glad you asked! Making this FREE or at NO COST for an egg hunt for teachers is completely doable. Here’s some ideas to get you started!
- Get coupons (scroll down for link to FREE ONES!) These can include jeans pass, VIP parking, class or duty coverage, soda machine change, or more….make sure to get admin approval for all prizes!
- Coupons from local businesses (parent sponsors?). Hitting up local restaurants for coupons was EASY! Many gave me stacks and stacks if you say they are for teachers – McDonalds, Culvers, Sonic were close to us!
- $5 Gift cards – ask admin to donate for a few special prizes!
- Extra fun supplies – some coupons you could redeem in the office for flair pens, fun Post Its or more!
- dessert or treat cooked by volunteers!
- check local restaurants to ask for free meals if possible
We made sure each staff member got at least one prize and hid them just around our faculty room. This would be great to hide around the entire school or front office as well!
Easy Peasy Reward Ideas:
Use Action Cards for your Staff Egg Hunt
A great TWIST on this activity is to have special prizes (too big to fit in eggs) and have staff members bunny hop….to the office or designated location for their prize! Here are some other ideas to get you started:
- announce loudly, “This EGG is the highlight of my day…” to get your prize
- Give bunny ears to the person next to you for your prize in the Teacher Egg Hunt
- High five 5 people before getting your treat
- Pretend to lay an egg to get your prize
- Pretend to pick flowers and “find” your prize
- Do your best chicken dance for your Staff egg hunt prize
Brighten up your work environment and host (or SHARE with someone who will!) and celebrate teachers with a Staff Easter Egg Hunt at your school! Make sure to tag @sssteaching and share your finds!
Have a great spring season! Amber
This post originally appeared on SSSTeaching!