Download these free Partner Cards to assist you with making partners with your students so much easier and improve classroom management. They work with younger students and big kids, too!
Struggling with quickly putting your students into partners?
So many teachers I know get so stressed out when they have to put their students into partners. In fact, I have seen many teachers ditch putting students into partners altogether.
One of the easiest ways I have found to put students into partners quickly is to use a card-matching system. In the beginning, I tried using a pack of playing cards, but that didn’t work too well. Using playing cards can work for older students, but for the younger kiddos, it is more trouble than it is worth.
Partner cards are my favorite answer!
Take a moment and look above at the free partner cards. The cards have a cool school theme and can be used all year long with any grade level and any subject area that you teach. There are 32 different card sets included in the free download. Therefore, this free set of partner-making cards works for a class size of 32 and below.
Partner Cards are also super helpful, along with a flexible seating classroom.
How do you use Partner Cards with your students?
- Make two copies of each picture card sheet. There should be at least one match for each card.
- Copy the cards on card stock.
- Optional step: Laminate the cards to ensure they last all year.
- Cut out the cards.
- Because there are 32 sets, you will likely have extra cards. Pick and choose which cards work best for your students.
- Pass out the picture cards to ensure each card has a match.
- Model for your students to find their partner by finding a picture card just like theirs. Students can hold the cards against their chests so the other person can find them.
All the best!
Jen Bradshaw @ TeacherKarma.com