Kids love comics and this leaf printable will inspire them to write and draw amazing projects about Autumn activities, Fall facts, vocabulary words, definitions, a step-by-step process, narrative, memory, or any topic that fits into your classroom curriculum. Instead of facing the often intimidating “blank page”, a comic template provides a built-in structure to inspire students to write, draw, and color their own unique creations.
Comic templates can be used for teaching many standards in ELA, math, science, and other subjects. A brainstorming session with your students should result in quite a few possibilities. For more suggestions, a blog post with over 50 ideas for using comic strip templates in the classroom can be found on my web site.
Tips for using
• Write rough drafts and doodle sketches on scrap paper.
• Use comic style lettering and speech balloons if desired.
• Students can use cut-out pictures instead of drawing if they prefer.
• Lightly write and/or draw on the template with a pencil.
• When satisfied, go over the pencil lines with a pen or marker.
• Color with favorite coloring tools.
Please click here to download your Fall leaf comic template. I would love to see what your class makes, so please feel free to email or tag me with any photos or posts.
Enjoy and have a creative day!
Children’s book author-illustrator
Leave a Reply