Check out this great tech teaching tip!
• Most of us have experienced problems with naughty nicknames while trying to play Kahoot with our classes.
• Also, sometimes students get overly creative coming up with names and it takes a long time for everyone to join.
• Kahoot has a new feature to simplify your hosting experience – their nickname generator!
• Instead of typing in a name to enter on their device, players will get up to three tries to spin for a nickname before joining the game.
• Currently their nickname generator includes 800 unique 2-word combinations, so you can use this feature even in very large games.
• This new feature means you will spend more time playing by getting students in the game right away, with minimal fuss!
How to Enable the Generator
1. Launch the kahoot game you want to play as usual from your account.
2. In the lobby, toggle on the Nickname generator feature from the game options menu – see screenshot on next slide for reference!
3. Players will join at kahoot.it or as usual. After entering the game PIN they have up to three tries to choose a nickname generated at random, before joining the game.
Kahoot Challenge Feature
This video shows teachers and students how to use the new Kahoot Challenge Feature!
• Assign kahoots as homework with the new challenge feature
• Create challenges on your computer or in the app, and students play them on their phones
• Make homework engaging, increase its completion rate and save time on correcting assignments!
Note: Students need to install the Kahoot App on their mobile devices.
• Kahoot is a game-based classroom response system
• Create and play quizzes, discussions and surveys using any device with a web browser
• Motivate participation through game-based learning and rewards in a social setting
Students love Kahoot! I know this from the feedback I receive from other teachers and from my own experience with using Kahoot. Students ask me “Can we please play Kahoot?” For every game there is always lots of laughter and students are very engaged.
There are many uses for Kahoot including…
• Getting to know students at the beginning of a school year/semester
• Assessing student/class understanding of a topic
• Reviewing a unit before a test
• Surveying a class
• Having fun for a few minutes at the end of the day
Follow our Facebook page for more EdTech news, tips and resources…