I was feeling pretty inspired today and decided to whip up a fun sorting activity freebie hopefully some of you can use in your classrooms to celebrate the season!
I love pumpkins all fall long! They are a good symbol of the season that I don’t have to change in a month’s time. I usually can make pumpkins work from September 1st through Thanksgiving Day before needing to swap out for something else.
And with teacher time at a premium, that is just good planning ahead! Saving precious minutes is always on the to-do list.
You can create a Jack-o-latern look for materials in October and a traditional pumpkin in November (or pumpkin pie)!
Printable Pumpkin Pack
This free printable pack includes a regular worksheet, a challenge worksheet, and the pumpkins can either be left on the page – or you cold run them on white cardstock, cut out, and laminate for some hands-on learning fun!
Easy Fall Lesson Plan Ideas
Want a couple other ideas for using them to differentiate your student learning? Use them for centers or morning work!
1. Simply have the students take the pumpkins and make their own groups based on attributes.
2. Hand gifted learners a blank chart (white out the current categories and attributes) and have them make their own to trade and solve.
3. Have students create math story problems using the pumpkins: “Jack had 3 pumpkins with 2 eyes each. How many eyes in all did Jack’s pumpkins have?”
4. Students can take turns adding a sentence and a pumpkin to a spiraling story.
5. Do a journal prompt about how to carve a pumpkin.
Those are just a few ideas from the top of my head. What else could you use this worksheet for with your students to expand the learning? We would love to hear them in the comments!
Grab your freebie file at Organized Classroom HERE.
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy!
Nancy Mrozek says
The free pumpkin activity cannot be downloaded!!! Any helpful tips?? I have a student who is working on describing using attributes for her language goal and this resource would be wonderful! Hopefully you can provide instructions as to how to download it successfully!
Nancy Mrozek, SLP
Charity Preston says
Hi Nancy! It is working fine on my end? I’m guessing you might be using a school email and/or server to try and grab it – many will block you from doing so while at school or on a school system. Maybe try from a home computer and email instead?