This fun robot number coloring math game for kids is perfect for kindergarten and preschoolers to practice their subitizing and number recognition skills.
Number Recognition Robot
Try our Robot themed number colouring math game for kids for teaching number recognition to your students. This fun math printable helps students to learn the number names, recognize numbers and improve their subitizing skills.
Your kids will love learning their numbers with this number coloring math game template and the coloring will also help them with their pre-writing skills.
‘Coloring-in’ is also good for helping Preschoolers, and Kindergarten students to develop their fine motor skills including; pencil grasp, grip strength, stamina for writing and visual perception. Win Win!
This number recognition game for kids can be used in your math rotations, for independent work, for early finishers or even as number recognition assessment task. These games can also be reprinted and used for shape recognition activities at a later date.
Click the image to get activity ideas, instructions and the printable! Different spelling versions are included in the FREE Pack!
5 Number Recognition Games
This FREE pack has been differentiated so that you can meet a range of students’ needs. There are 5 different Number Recognition Templates including:
- Subitize & Color Numbers 1-6
- Subitize, Write & Color Numbers 1-6
- Recognize, Write & Color Numbers 1-10
- Recognize, Write & Color Any Numbers
- Blank Robot Template
Subitize & Color Numbers 1-6
This game template is for practicing reading and saying numbers 1-6. It also helps students with standard dice subitizing (seeing how many, without counting)
- The robot picture already has the numerals 1-6 written onto the template. The focus of this math game is on vizual number recognition and naming the digits 1-6, rather than on written number formation.
- However you can ask the child to trace over the numbers if you think it is appropriate.
Subitize, Write & Color Numbers 1-6
This version of the game is almost the same as the version above. It is a template for practicing reading and saying numbers 1-6. It also helps students with standard dice subitizing (seeing how many, without counting).
- In this version of the math game the robot picture does not have any of the numerals 1-6 written onto the template. The focus of this number recognition game game is on vizual number recognition, naming the digits 1-6, and writing the matching digits.
Recognize & Color Numbers 0-10
Game 3 can be for independent work to help students to recognize and say numerals 0-10 in sequence (forwards or backwards).
How To Play
The child chooses to count forwards or backwards, selects a color for each number and completes the robot. As each number is colored encourage the child to talk about the numbers using the following prompts:
- ” This is number __ , the number after __ is. It is more/less than/ bigger/smaller than ___”. (depending on if counting backwards or forwards)
- or “The next number is ___ “Or “The number before ___ was ___.”
- You can also discuss the counting pattern connecting the idea that all numbers are made from 0-10.
- You could use a 11 sided dice or 2 x 6 sided dice if you want to play it in pairs.
Recognize, Write & Color Numbers Any Numbers
Game 4 can be for independent work to help students to recognize and say any numerals in sequence (forwards or backwards). You could even use it for skip counting or number fact (times – table) number sequences.
Or you could the template to focus on number reversals, or even decade ‘sticking’ points, 109- 110, 199- 200, 90-89, or even the teens! It’s up to you!
Blank Robot Template
Get creative an use the final free template however you please, it would even make a great template for learning about shapes! Share your ideas with us in the comments below!
Enjoy Your FREEBIE! – A+ Teacher!
*This article originally appeared on A Plus Teaching Resources – Number Colouring Math Game For Kids