Here are some great reasons to add digital task cards to your holiday activities. I have a free digital Boom Card Deck to help you get started. In this free Christmas activity, students have fun finding the hidden elf mouse on each card by identifying short vowel sounds and building CVC words.
Digital Boom Task Cards™ are dynamite. Pardon the pun, but they really are explosive digital learning activities. At first, I was I little skeptical of more “computer time,” but once I started using and creating them, I fell in love. I have mentioned that I love using games to teach because they work exceptionally well for struggling students and dyslexics. Plus, they are motivating and fun. Boom Cards are all that and more.
Now I have yet another resource in my teaching toolbox. They are high-quality digital game task cards for reading, phonics, math and more. Since they are created by teachers, you can find decks on any topic or grade level. Students can play them on computers, ipads, tablets, and phones. Teachers can use them on whiteboards. Students complete each card by drag and drop, point and click, or fill in the blank.
12 Reasons You Will Love Digital Boom Task Cards™
- Paperless, no prep, huge time-saver
- No printing, cutting, or laminating
- Self-correcting with instant feedback
- Students work independently at their own pace
- Teachers get reports of activity and can chart progress
- Use them with individual students, groups, or whole class
- Ideal for special education
- Students can practice anywhere on their personal devices
- Use them for instant, self-grading assessments
- Add some fun by using Boom Cards for classroom games and incentives
- Great for center activities, fast finishers, and homework
- Perfect for homeschooling and tutoring
Get this free deck to add a little digital holiday cheer into your instruction.
This article originally appeared at Tammys Teaching Tools