Teacher Appreciation Week 2021 Idea:
Easy ways to incorporate teacher appreciation throughout the year?! Got you covered! Teacher appreciation is definitely not a one week a year celebration. Teacher/coworkers pour so much of themselves and I love letting other educators know they are seen and I’m so proud to work alongside them for students!
Using fun notes it a great way to perk up a teacher and get them excited and about their job when not every moment of the day seems exciting. Spreading kindness and positivity I find radiates throughout the building and really brings up the whole school.
Who spreads Teacher Appreciation and Encouragement Notes
You might ask yourself this question …. who would/should/could give these! ANYONE! These are meant to encourage all educators of ANY subject and brighten their day.
- Sunshine Committees – spread notes to each staff member over course of a year
- Teacher Led – keep in staff workroom to put in mailboxes
- Administration – hand out instead of evaluations when walking through classrooms
- Parent Teacher Organizations Associations – brighten up a teacher’s day.
- Parent Volunteers
- **include all staff!** – custodians, bus drivers, cafeteria workers and more all have an impact on students!
Teacher Appreciation Gifts:
How to sneak in Teacher Encouragement and Appreciation
- sneak a note into their mailbox!
- slide a teacher encouragement note into a bag they take home as a surprise
- attach with a favorite beverage on their desk in the morning!
- stop by to listen with their favorite snack and a teacher appreciation note after school
- Write notes and give during holiday weeks or especially stressful school year activities (testing, parent teacher conferences, parties…)
- Write a thank you for something you observed – “You should win the Multi-Tasking Award….because I saw you handle this student, get report cards done, AND join the new curriculum committee)
It’s NOT hard! It does take a small time commitment but showing that you care is important to keep relationships strong and build up each other.
One even small act of kindness really grows and puts “good vibes” out to grow! Pouring so much of yourself into your teaching is exhausting. Recognizing those you couldn’t do it without or who help you along the way is invaluable!
Check out how to download these FREE Teacher to Teacher Positive Appreciation Encouragement Notes!
Leave a Reply