Fake reading is a problem that many students face today. Find out how you can help them by downloading the free fake reading anchor charts and printables from this article!
Over the years I have seen countless students that have a book in their hands but are really just pretending to read.
If you’ve been teaching any time at all, I know you know exactly what I’m talking about.
Have you seen any of these fake reading behaviors taking place in your classroom?
- students holding a book, but staring at the ceiling
- quietly looking around the classroom
- not making connections while reading
- continually getting up to ask a question
- holding a book upside down (this actually happens)
- playing around
- reading the words without thinking
- not trying their best
FREE Fake Reading Anchor Charts:
To read more about how to inspire your students to read and download the FREE Real Reading lesson and reading anchor charts, click here.
Both blank and completed Real Reading vs. Really Not Reading anchor charts are included.
All the best!
Jen Bradshaw @ TeacherKarma.com
NOTE: Parts of this blog post were taken from Teacher Karma’s original post: Real Reading vs. Really Not Reading Anchor Charts.
Leave a Reply