Fake reading is a problem that many students face today. Find out how you can help them by downloading the free fake reading anchor charts and printables from this article!
Over the years I have seen countless students that have a book in their hands but are really just pretending to read.
If you’ve been teaching any time at all, I know you know exactly what I’m talking about.
Have you seen any of these fake reading behaviors taking place in your classroom?
- students holding a book, but staring at the ceiling
- quietly looking around the classroom
- not making connections while reading
- continually getting up to ask a question
- holding a book upside down (this actually happens)
- playing around
- reading the words without thinking
- not trying their best
FREE Fake Reading Anchor Charts:
Both blank and completed Real Reading vs. Really Not Reading anchor charts are included.
All the best!
Jen Bradshaw @ TeacherKarma.com
NOTE: Parts of this blog post were taken from Teacher Karma’s original post: Real Reading vs. Really Not Reading Anchor Charts.