Download and use the student-created word search templates that your students can personalize.
Do your students love creating their own games?
If your students love creating their own activities and games, then these word search templates may be the perfect resource for your classroom. FREE Word Search Templates here.
Students LOVE to complete other students’ word searches!
Students can create their own word lists and then hide the words in the puzzle. Later, students get to trade and complete the word puzzles. Kids think it’s really fun to complete puzzles created by their friends and classmates.
Need something for your students to do at the end of the school year?
Yes, using the word search templates with your students at the end of the year is a great way to review topics.
And yes, the word searches do keep them engaged in learning!
11 Ways to Use Word Searches with Your Students:
- After reading a piece of nonfiction text, students will choose the most important words from the text and add them to a word search
- Word patterns/word study
- Use words from Word Wall
- Students use their weekly spelling list to hide words
- Use the main characters from a story, and students write a list of character traits; use the list in the word search template
- Sight words or high-frequency words
- Textbook vocabulary word study
- Students make a list of words about a certain holiday or season to use in the word search
- Noun, verb, adjective, proper nouns, etc. word search
- Compound words
- Rhyming word search
Want to try out using student-created word searches for yourself? Grab your FREE word search templates.
Jen Bradshaw from Teacher Karma