Shark Week 2019 is almost here, but seriously, kids LOVE sharks so much that any time is a good time for some shark math games!
Shark Week and your shark-obsessed students are about to meet. Add these shark-themed games to your math centers and watch the learning begin!
Each of these games is just one page – there are no cards to prepare, so you’ll save on paper, ink, laminating, and (probably the best of all!) TIME! Another bonus of games with no cards is that there are no pieces to lose. Yay!!
Here are the games you’ll receive in this free download.
First, there’s Shark Frenzy, a four-in-a-row game for practice with missing subtrahends within ten.
Also included in the download is Shark in the Dark, a missing addends game.
Once you print and laminate, these games are ready to go! All your students will need to play these partner games is one die and a set of erasable markers, each in a different color.
How can you use these shark math games?
- Make them part of your math routines! Whether you use math tubs, math centers, math rotations, or a combination of them all, you’ll fin that these games are an easy to prepare and effective addition.
- Math intervention teachers, play a quick game to pre-assess or post-assess your students.
- These games are a great way for your early finishers to use their time well and keep practicing these important skills!
- Because they’re quick and inexpensive to prepare, these games are perfect to use as Family Homework! Many families welcome a change from the usual pencil-and-paper work!
- Does your school have a Family Math Night? Put these in the games area and let the fun begin!
Are you ready for your games? Click here to download your set!
BONUS: Spend a few moments reading the linked post at Primary Inspiration, because there are FOUR other shark freebies in the post, too! Enjoy!
Leave a Reply